
I have had an Apple iPhone since the 3G came out in 2008 and therefore I am a little biased when it comes to Apple and it's phones, however, I am in love with the new iPhone 6 Plus. The main reason this phone has attracted lots of attention, and rightly so, is not only because it's made by Apple, but because it is not like anything they have designed before.
Certainly, the size is what consumers first notice however, once you actually begin to look at the features included in this phone you discover there is much more included in this 5.5 inch phone than its competitors on the current smartphone market. One such feature is the 'double tap' on the home button, or as Apple calls it 'reachability'. This feature enables the user to reach to the top of the screen without adjusting your hands to touch it. This is great for people with smaller hands, or just plain lazy people such as myself!
I know when the 6 Plus was first announced many people discussed the fact that Steve Jobs had previously said 'no ones going to buy that [large smartphone]' however, if you take a look at similar sized phones on the market they aren't nearly as well designed as the iPhone 6 Plus and it is often said that Apple will not attempt something until they know for certain they can do it right. Now, I am not saying that Steve Jobs was right when he said no one would buy a larger smart phone , however at the time, looking at the phones Jobs was describing it is clear that Apple had felt they could not pull off a phone such as the 6 Plus without losing some of the current phones capabilities in the process.
There has also been a lot of bad press surrounding the iPhone 6 Plus with regards to the so called 'bendgate' fiasco. As we all know, the mass media have a tendency to exaggerate the facts and as a result many people assume that all of the phones 'bend'. In actual fact only nine incidents WorldWide have been reported in the ten million that Apple has sold. I also can assure you that I am the proud owner of an iPhone 6 Plus and mine has not bent! It is also worth noting that as confirmed by Consumer Reports, the iPhone 6 Plus is structurally sound.
The main reason why I purchased my 6 Plus was not because of the phone itself, although this was a massive factor that i will address in subsequent paragraphs, it was actually the price. The iPhone 6 has a starting price of £539 and the iPhone 6 Plus, a starting price of £619. This is extremely reasonable given the fact that the iPhone 5S was £549 when it was released and until just after the 6 and 6 Plus was announced. Another Plus for this phone (see what I did there!) is that there is now no 32GB. 'WHAT!' I hear you cry! At first this was my reaction too! It seemed absurd to me that Apple would remove the capacity that I'd assume most people would choose, however, when you look at the prices this all becomes clear. The entry level iPhone 6 Plus is £619 for a 16GB phone, the 64GB is £699 and the 128GB is £789. If you compare this to the previous model (iPhone 5S) the entry level was £549 for a 16GB, then add £80 for the 32GB and again for the 64GB, it is now just an £80 difference between a 16GB and the 64GB. I feel that this is an extremely good deal in a World where prices are always rising but never falling in favour of the consumer.
Now, the phone itself. The iPhone 6 Plus has an amazing look and feel. I would urge you all to go to your nearest Apple store and have a play with one. The slick feel of them makes them look all business yet when you unlock the iPhone and discover the new iOS 8 software it moulds into a phone that businessmen and children alike could use. I think that is what Apple is best at; designing products that can be used by everyone.
Another great thing about the 6 Plus is the Retina HD screen with a 1920×
1080 resolution. This display is amazing for watching movies as its bigger screen perfectly compliments the better resolution giving you the best view you can get from your films.
The processor included in the iPhone 6 Plus make it a BEAST! Apple has included their very own A8 Chip and M8 motion Coprocessor with 64 bit architecture. To the non-techies of the world this basically means, aside from being uber fast, that you can run tonnes of things at the same time without your smartphone freaking out.
One huge bonus with the iPhone 6 Plus is the battery life. This large smartphone houses a 2915mAh battery pack, nearly twice the size of the 5s. This means your phone is good for around eighty hours of audio, 12 hours of internet use and 16 days on standby. Another positive is that the battery also charges faster than previous models! you can get to up to 90% battery within two hours with the iPad adaptor it comes with.
The final great feature on the iPhone 6 Plus is the camera. The 6 Plus has an added feature called Optical Image Stabilization. This means that the phone can focus so quickly that the user can take multiple pictures without worrying about whether the camera has focused. The phone's Focus Pixels technology make its stand out from other phones.
Overall I love this iPhone and with the added promise of NFC (Near Field Communication) and Apple Pay in the future who knows what else Apple with come up with!
No comments:
Post a Comment